Sunday, November 19, 2006




27th Oct 2006 - From Dalian to Shanghai for a night before returning home. Sunset from my hotel room. That evening I walked from my hotel to the famous Shang Yang Lu (copy market) but was dissapointed to discover that it had been closed down!! No more North Face coats for USD40! Too bad - The price you pay for going into WTO....


That evening, on my own; I looked up the internet for a Jazz joint and stumbled upon the Cotton Club!! An excellant mixture of jazz and blues. Location No. 8 Fuxing Lu Xi. (Where FuXing Lu and HuaiHai Lu meet)


Next morning, I take the Levi train back tothe airport. At maximum speed the train reaches 450 Km/h and then comes back down. It is absolutely smooth and the cornering is quite amazing.

Another succesful buisness trip......

No comments: